About the Initiative
The Story Wall is a part of MINNESOTA REMEMBERS VIETNAM,
a year-long, statewide initiative aimed at inspiring Minnesotans to remember and share stories, recognize bravery, express their reasons for dissent, and foster understanding around the lasting impact of war.
REMEMBER. HONOR. UNDERSTAND.
Public television stations nationwide will air The Vietnam War, a major new documentary series by filmmakers Ken Burns and Lynn Novick. The 18-hour-long film will be a national event that is certain to reopen discussion and debate about the costs of war and the experiences of those who served.
Minnesota Remembers Vietnam will complement the PBS documentary with a rich collection of multimedia content that will bring to life the specific, multi-faceted experiences of Minnesotans.
The Vietnam War defined a generation. It changed the lives of people who fought in it and who fought against it. It’s time to remember, honor, and understand.
MINNESOTA REMEMBERS VIETNAM is a Twin Cities PBS-led initiative in collaboration with the MN PBS stations.
MN PBS is made up of six independent organizations that provide television services to the residents of Minnesota.
- KSMQ (Austin, MN)
- Lakeland Public Television (Bemidji and Brainerd, MN)
- Pioneer Public Television (Appleton, MN)
- Prairie Public Television (Northwestern MN)
- Twin Cities Public Television (Saint Paul & Minneapolis, MN)
- WDSE • WRPT (Duluth & Hibbing, MN)
We are grateful to the following sponsors that generously support our effort to gather and share the powerful stories surrounding the Vietnam War.
- Clean Water Land & Legacy Amendment
- Mark & Mary Davis Foundation
- Ameriprise Financial
- Fred C. and Katherine B. Andersen Foundation
- The Hognander Foundation
- The Dick and Joyce McFarland Fund of the Minneapolis Foundation
- Kathleen A. Stack
- This project partially funded by the Benton Telecommunications Foundation, a local foundation.
- Betsy and Frank Russomanno
We thank the following community partners for linking arms with us to help build deeper understanding about the lasting impact of the Vietnam War.
- Center for Hmong Studies at Concordia University
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
- Minnesota Humanities Center
- Minnesota Historical Society
- The Telling Project
- Minnesota Remembers Advisory Task Force
THE VIETNAM WAR
Ken Burns and Lynn Novick’s ten-part, 18-hour documentary series, THE VIETNAM WAR, tells the epic story of one of the most consequential, divisive, and controversial events in American history as it has never before been told on film.
THE VIETNAM WAR Production Credits
THE VIETNAM WAR is a production of Florentine Films and WETA, Washington D.C. Directed by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick. Written by Geoffrey C. Ward. Produced by Sarah Botstein, Lynn Novick and Ken Burns.
Bank of America; Corporation for Public Broadcasting; PBS; David H. Koch; The Blavatnik Family Foundation; Park Foundation; The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations; The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation; The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; National Endowment for the Humanities; The Pew Charitable Trusts; Ford Foundation Just Films; Rockefeller Brothers Fund; and
Members of The Better Angels Society:
Jonathan & Jeannie Lavine, Diane & Hal Brierley, Amy & David Abrams, John & Catherine Debs, Fullerton Family Charitable Fund, The Montrone Family, Lynda & Stewart Resnick, The Golkin Family Foundation, The Lynch Foundation, The Roger & Rosemary Enrico Foundation, Richard S. & Donna L. Strong Foundation, Bonnie & Tom McCloskey, Barbara K. & Cyrus B. Sweet III, The Lavender Butterfly Fund